Hello from Gutersloh

Hier können sich User vorstellen
WestyDave
T2-Autor
IG T2 Mitgliedsnummer: 0

Hello from Gutersloh

Beitrag von WestyDave »

Hello I am new to Germany and have moved to Gutersloh, I work for BFBS Radio and love the VW Bus.
Mine is called Murtle she is a 76 original Westy with OG paint and interior and the engine is the original 2.0 FI.
I hope to meet others around this area soon.

Dave
phmuelle *682
T2-Süchtiger
IG T2 Mitgliedsnummer: 682

Re: Hello from Gutersloh

Beitrag von phmuelle *682 »

Hey Dave! Welcome to this place and I have to admit that I really love BFBS. Used to listen to your station in my teenage days since my parents come from Bielefeld :) if you have any questions about the bus and all other stuff feel free to ask!

Philip
'71 T2a Tintop Camper
Bild
WestyDave
T2-Autor

Beitrag von WestyDave »

Hi Philip nice to hear from you and glad you like the service, could you tell me how I attach pictures?

Thanks

Dave
phmuelle *682
T2-Süchtiger

First you click on "antworten". Then there's below the text box a tab called "dateianhang hochladen". Click on this one. After this click on the oval button called "datei auswählen", here you can select the file you want to upload. When you're finished click on the button "datei hinzufügen" which means attach the file. Finally click on "absenden".

Hope you can follow :D
'71 T2a Tintop Camper
Bild
WestyDave
T2-Autor

Beitrag von WestyDave »

This is my bus.
Dateianhänge
Murtle
Murtle
phmuelle *682
T2-Süchtiger

Nice ride :dafür: :gut:
'71 T2a Tintop Camper
Bild
T2aBj1969
T2-Süchtiger

Beitrag von T2aBj1969 »

Hi Dave,
very warm welcome. Congratulation, nice Westy in good condition do you have. I´m also from Gütersloh. My 1969 Syro Camper is still at the paintshop. Hope to make the first test drive these year. Feel free to ask if you have questions.

Greeting, Andreas
Viele Grüße, Andreas

Bild
Wolfgang T2b *354
Wohnt im T2!
IG T2 Mitgliedsnummer: 354

Beitrag von Wolfgang T2b *354 »

Hi Dave,
WestyDave hat geschrieben: I work for BFBS Radio
BFBS is still existing :surprised:? I grew up in Hanover and at that time BFBS was the only radiostation you could listen to. Ok, that was a few years ago. A few more years, around 50! But I'm glad to hear that something out of that era has survived.

Welcome here.

Wolfgang
Norbert*848b
IG T2 Mitgliedsnummer: 848

Beitrag von Norbert*848b »

Hi Dave,
… also a very warm welcome from my side. Believe it or not, I'm still listening to BFBS Radio daily. Will I hear you on the Radio or are you are working in the background? This Radio Station has improved my English since I was a young lad and that helped a lot on work and during the holidays on the Main Island and IOM. Nice memories, terrible good radio! :mrgreen:
Fine Westy, the colour I like the most, but I’m wondering why you have got a left-hand drive bus.
Cheers :bier:
Freundliche Grüße aus Algermissen

Norbert
WestyDave
T2-Autor

Beitrag von WestyDave »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes BFBS is still going strong in Germany, we are moving when the British Army leave Germany but in maybe another 5 years time, I am a Presenter so you will hear me form time to time.

My Bus came with me from Canada so it is a Left Hand Drive, never been welded and has the Original everything paint, carpets and interior too, still on the same Engine and Gearbox that was fitted to it in the Factory back in 1976.
Antworten